Monday, August 28, 2006

I ran today!

Woohoo, I ran today for the first time in like 6 weeks! I ran for 22 minutes around my neighborhood which was probably about 2.5 miles. I didn't stop the entire time and I took it nice and easy. It was a little hard at first but once I got warmed up, it was a lot easier. I felt like I could go and run about 6-8 miles at that pace. It wasn't fast at all, but I didn't need a fast run; I just need a slow but constant run. There weren't any problems with my 3rd metatarsal either after the first couple of minutes. The met pad was pressing into my foot at first but that went away. Also, the rest of my body had some little aches and pains but nothing major, even from the knees.

I'm so happy that I can run again. I'll do a 30min run on Thursday with Texas Iron and then I see my PT on Friday and we'll reasses how I'm doing and I'll get my new orthodics.

Shoe mileage: 31 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here