Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Resting Heart Rate: 51bpm

I measured my resting heart rate this morning. I woke up naturally and I had my HRM beside my bed. I put it on and ran the stopwatch for about 6 minutes. The average rate during that time was 51bpm. I'll probably measure it again later this week to get another data point, but I was worried a few weeks ago that my resting heart rate had risen to 60bpm for some reason. Usually that's a sign of something not right. I wanted to get another baseline because right now I feel well rested and like there's nothing wrong.

Ok, time to go for a quick bike ride.

EDIT: I'm off the bike now. I did 75min easy spin so nothing special. The only was that I wanted to ride outside today since this is the first day in awhile where I could do that, but it was threatening rain this morning. Here's the catch, if I went and rode, it would've rained, but since I stayed inside and rode on the trainer, it didn't pour outside today.

My quads are slightly sore from the run yesterday. That's to be expected and I'm trying to get ready for a lot more soreness soon.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here