Wednesday, August 30, 2006

3000yds, 6 pullups, 7 chinups, Texas Tri Series

This morning was the first time that I swam at Stacy in months, probably like 3 months. I don't miss it. The pool was really warm, like 85-90 degrees. It wasn't comfortable swimming at all. I was doing nice, long, slow intervals. Nothing special though. There was this cute girl, but I thought she was a lot less attractive once I saw her horrible swim stroke. That's just so wrong.

At the core workout tonight, I did 6 pullups at the beginning and then 7 chinups at the end. Both are new PR's for me.

Finally, Adam announced the Texas Tri Series. It's a series of tris similar to The Distance Challenge. There are 6 races starting with a short sprint capping out with the first that I know of half Ironman distance race in Austin in October. This is a new race as well as a new Oly race through downtown Austin on Labor Day Weekend. Hopefully, the course of this race will be different than CapTexTri just to mix things up a bit. We'll see, but I'm really looking forward to next year. Like The Distance Challenge, if you participate in all the races, there is a party and stuff at the end. However, if you volunteer for a race instead of participating, it still counts as participation. This is another awesome thing put on by Jack & Adam's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that texas tri thing looks sweet! I'm for sure going to keep up the training in the off season since I'll be out of town.

When is your next race?

Me said...

My next race is actually this Sunday. I'm doing Jack's Generic Tri. After that, it's IMFL.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here