Thursday, August 17, 2006

Update

Man, I haven't posted in like 4 days. I'm starting to slack on this.

Monday was a rest day with the J&A core workout. Nothing special, except we did 2 sets of 10 pullups at the end. The first set, I did 5 on my own. The second set was quite impressive since I thought I would be dead after the first set. Well, I did 4 on my own. Also, I'm not getting so sore after these workouts anymore.

Tuesday was an aquajog in the morning. Jamie showed me how to aquajog properly. It freaking wore me the hell out! Basically, I have to exaggerate the high knees and the push off at the end. Very tough doing it that way. I went back to Barton Springs later that night and got in a swim in the dark. It was very womby. It was just dark, wet, peaceful, but not warm so it wasn't quite womby. A ton of people were there that were getting in the way though.

On Tuesday night, my roommate got me my new Shimano SPD-SL pedals. I put them on and rode a test ride on Wednesday morning at the spin bike at the work gym. I like them. They seem easier to get into, but kind of tough to get out of even with the release tension completely released. Maybe they'll loosen up after I use them more. One problem that I had is that I didn't tighten the screws down all the way. Therefore, when I clipped out, the cleats rotated on the shoes. When I clipped back in, it felt like my heels were kicked out and that was causing me knee pain. After about 30 minutes, I couldn't take the pain anymore, got off the bike, borrowed some tools, and relocated the cleats and really tightened down the screws. It worked. Then, I did a 20 minute brick on the elliptical machine since I can't run yet.

Right now, my weight is at 183.5. I'm up 4.5 pounds in like 3 weeks. This is what happens when I'm not super strict about my diet. The thing is that I'm eating more food, but it's mostly clean foods and not crap. My body just loves to gain weight and I doubt that I'll ever be able to get down to under 170 and maintain that. I'll keep trying though. I'll get strict about my diet again and cut out all remaining crap that I'm eating. I can't stand the fact that my body is like this. Any ideas on what I can do to change this besides picking up a cocaine habit?

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here