Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hat Trick of Workouts

I had a hat trick of workouts today. I got up at about 5:30 this morning and hit the pool at Stacy. I swam about 2400yds in 45min so it was a nice and easy swim. I did 600 warmup and then 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 300, 100. I usually do some sort of pyramid like this when I can't think up another workout. I actually need to write some workouts down and put them in a Ziploc baggie for pool sessions like today.

At lunch, I lifted weights for the first time since probably March. I didn't push myself too hard but just got my muscles a little fatigued. It wasn't that bad. I probably shouldn't do any leg exercises because that aggravates my right calf issue.

Then, I did the core workout today with J&A. It was tough because we did 5 minute plank pose and then 100 8-count body builders. Well, I didn't do the body builders completely because I didn't do the pushups. I've decided when I lift on a core workout day, I'll go to core workout but won't do the pushup type exercises since I lifted already that day.

Now, I'm home, full from dinner (whole wheat couscous and salmon again), chilling, and geeking out to some Star Trek: The Next Generation as background noise.

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

Wow with workouts like that you'll be fitting into those pants in no time :)

I'm going for double workouts today. I am going to copy your ziplock baggie idea for the pool workout.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here