Wednesday, November 1, 2006

I'm off

The car is packed up with 2 bikes and 3 sets of wheels. There are two full bags of clothes, one for the race with enough stuff for conditions from 40 degrees and rainy all the way up to 95 and 95% humidity and another bag for the other 4 days of the trip. There's a cooler in the car full of stuff from my fridge. I have about 4 grocery bags of supplies for the race and other food. I could very possibly pull a Coker and just eat from the food that I have with me the entire weekend. I have my sunglasses, my cell phone, my money for the condo, and I can't think of anything else. The cats have food and water and they've been petted plenty this morning, but they still know that something is up. I didn't sleep hardly at all last night which isn't good for the car trip, but I do have company. All that I have to do is hit the Publish Post button, close my laptop, and throw it in the car.

Well, goodbye and the next time I post, I'll be in Florida.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Yay!!! How exciting!

Quick question- why the 2 bikes? Will you choose which one to ride based on race day conditions?

Can't wait to hear about your week!

Jodi

Me said...

One bike is mine but the other bike belongs to the guy that is riding with me. I'm not taking 2 bikes, but I did take 2 sets of wheels. BTW, my LBS let me borrow some wheels for the race. They are the Zipp Z9 wheels. So, for the race, I'm riding a $1600 bike but my wheels are worth about $3800. This is awesome!

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here