Friday, November 3, 2006

Last Workout

I did my last workout today. The swim was fine. The water was really, really cold close to shore but was fine in deeper water. I need to make sure that I use a ton of body glide on my neck because the chaffing and salt water really tears it up. Going out was nice with a tailwind. Swimming across the wind was a little fun. I had to breathe on the right because of waves crashing over me. Going in was a lot more difficult but once I figured out to power through the waves, I was fine. I'm expecting a decent swim tomorrow.

I rode the bike for the first time with my kick ass race wheels. Don at Austin Tri Cyclist let me borrow a set of Zipp Z9's. Yes, those nice Z9's. The wheels that I'm riding are worth 2.5 times what I paid for the bike. I was really fast on the wheels and the wind wasn't a problem. The bike did get a little bit squirrely, but it isn't anything that I can't handle. Tomorrow's forecast is a headwind for about 30 miles of the bike, but it's mostly at the beginning of the bike and then a tailwind coming back. I prefer this instead of a headwind coming back in.

I ran briefly and I felt fine. My foot feels funny. It's like it's sore and the muscles are fatigued or something. Nothing I can do about it now. All that I have to do is turn in my bike and 2 of my bags and then eat.

Tomorrow morning, I'll attempt becoming an Ironman.

And thansk Jodi for your encouragement. I really, really appreciate it.

Shoe mileage (I haven't updated it in awhile): 66 miles

Side note, I've only ran 37.5 miles on the ground since July 28th.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I get to say good luck again! Yay!!!!!!

That is so sweet that you are using Zipp Z9's. You know that you are now required to make that bike course your b*tch.

Take notes on ocean swimming. I need a full report and many tips.

You are going to rock that course tomorrow. Don't let any doubts slip into your mind. You can do this. Picture the finish, and don't forget how hard you worked for this day. Forget about everyone else. Make yourself proud.

:)

Jodi

toddewithy said...

good luck tomorrow. i am always pulling for the austinites in races.

Jodi said...

Just caught your swim split. Great job!!!!!

Jodi

Jodi said...

5:40 on the bike?!!! Damn, dude, you're a rockstar!

Now's when the fun begins...

Jodi

Jodi said...

Lookin fantastic! 2:21 half is great on legs that haven't seen much pavement. Can't wait to see how you finish!

Jodi

Jodi said...

Holy shit- you negative splitted the marathon! That is absolutely amazing, Eric. What an astounding performance. You should be so proud.

You are an Ironman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here