Friday, March 30, 2007

Healthy Update

I swear sometimes it's only been a day or two since my last update and then I look on here and it's been nearly 4 days.

I'll be brief with workout updates because they have been brief. Tuesday was a short 35 minute, 4 mile run and a swim that didn't happen. Wednesday was a 60 minute spin bike workout and a core workout that didn't happen. Thursday was a transition workout and a swim workout and neither of those happened. Today is a rest day. On the other hand, I have finalized the stuff for redoing my guest bathroom (Tuesday), I mowed my yard for the first time this year and the knee high weeds are gone (Wednesday), and I fertilized my yard as well (Thursday). I have a race this weekend so I'm tapering this week. It's my first race of the year and we'll see how I do.

Now, time for a health update. My weight is down to 184 and that's good. Once I get decently serious about it, I can drop weight pretty well. I went to the nurse at work this morning and just got some basic numbers done. Here they are:

BP: 110/72 - Easily in the normal range, but I've seen a lot lower for me but I've been stressed lately.
HR: 48bpm - I told the nurse to check it just to see her reaction. She was amazed that it was this low.
Triglycerides: 47 - I was at 67 back in September so this has gotten even lower which is good.
Total Cholesterol: 160 - I was at 127 last time so I'm shocked that it's this high again. It's not bad, but I'm just wondering why they are so high.
HDL: 52 - This is the highest I've ever seen it and it was 45 before.
LDL: 98 - It was 69 before so this something I'm doing is causing this to be higher. This is just good motivation to cut out the crap but I thought that I was doing better about eating crap now than I was back in September.
VLDL: 9.4 - 13 was the number before and I just found out that this is related to triglyceride levels and that's why this is lower since last time.
TC/HDL: 3.1 - Was 2.8 level so my ratio has gotten worse, but I'm still well in the optimal range.
LDL/HDL: 1.9 - It was 1.5 before so both ratios have gotten worse and from what I can tell, that means my blood chemistry isn't quite as good as it was in September. I really want to get an LDL/HDL ratio of below 1 though and I know it does no good for me besides bragging rights.
Glucose: 89 - It was 90 so this is maintained. I ate a lot of sweets as a kid and I think I've developed a mild insulin resistance. I'm very cautious about this because I'm really scarred of getting diabetes. This number shows that I'm fine, but if I lapse into my old ways, which is highly doubtful, I could be at risk for insulin resistance and eventually diabetes.

So, that's a check up of how I'm doing health wise.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here