Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hey, another update!

Let's see here. Monday's weigh in was 195.5 and Tuesday's was 197. I'm flirting with 200 and I don't like it. Time to get serious about this diet crap. Monday's workout at lunch was a weight lifting session followed by a 3.1 mile run around the track at work. It wasn't that bad. Tuesday morning was a swim with T3 and 3300m. It was cold and I mean C-O-L-D. There was ice on the ground. OK, not on the ground but on the wooden planks on the deck. However, the pool was toasty and warm. It's a good sign when you drive up to the outdoor pool and there is a 10m column of steam rising from the pool. Yes, 10m and not the usual meter or two that I'm used to seeing. I did something weird this morning. I jumped into the pool. Most of the time, I sit on the side and kind of procrastinate and psyche myself out before I finally lower myself in. This morning, the air was cold and the water was warm so I ran and jumped in. Man, that water felt nice this morning. The workout was good. I'm still working on engaging my lats more but I only really do it when I'm swimming. I don't feel it with paddles or when I do drills. At the end of the workout, it was me and some other guy and we were doing 4x50. I lead the first two and then he lead the third one. I gave him 5 seconds and ended up getting back to the wall about half an arm ahead of him. Needless to say, I lead the 4th one. Getting out was tough. One of the girls at swim practice had a pair of Crocs Mammoths. She loved them when getting out of the pool so I went and picked up a pair at lunch today. We'll see how they work out tomorrow night. Tonight's workout was a tempo run with Texas Iron. It was about 7 miles or so and it was OK. I don't think it was a particularly excellent workout for me but I showed up and put in the work.

New Balance mileage: 0 miles
Nike mileage: 218 miles

1 comment:

Me said...

Also, what is it about this cold weather that makes my skin feel so horrible. It's all dried out and itchy. It wasn't this bad since it got warm again last spring. I think it's worse during the winter. Right now, my taint is all kinds of chafed and red. I know it's true because I looked in the mirror. It's painful as hell and I'm thinking about putting some SportSlick on my crotch and I'm wearing normal street clothes today.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here