Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekly Update

I'm horrible about this. I try to update every day but I only end up updating on a biweekly or weekly basis. I suck at this.

Tuesday: Track workout with Texas Iron. We were suppose to do 8x200m fast, 200m easy. I think I descended pretty much each one. The first 200m was 47s or something like that and the last one was 39.1s. With the warm up and cool down, it was something like 5 miles or so.

Wednesday: I had a really good workout on Wednesday. I did a swim workout and we had to do 10x100 intervals. They weren't as tough as they were the week before but something happened. About the 7th interval or so, something clicked in my stroke. I realized what it felt like to use my lats more and how to engage them. This felt weird but it also felt like what my swim coaches have been describing to me. After a few more intervals, it started feeling right. I've been working on my catch as well with focus on not breaking my wrist as well as the action at the start of my stroke beginning with my hand moving and then my elbow doesn't move until my forearm is perpendicular with the bottom of the pool. That's a lot of words, but it is what my coaches have been teaching me. With the catch part and the lats part, something clicked and it felt great. Now, whenever I swim this way, I get tired quickly because my lats aren't used to being used this much while swimming.

Thursday, Friday: Rest days because I was lazy.

Saturday: 6 mile run in the rain and cold.

Sunday: 3300m swim with T3. Once again, I worked on my stroke and my lats got tired pretty quickly but that's a good thing.

Overall, it was a light week of training. With T-day, I got lazy and out of my routine. I swam only twice and ran only twice as well. Actually, that's the only 4 workouts that I've done this week. Eh, oh well. The weather changed in Austin this week. It got very cold, rainy, and nasty. And I liked it! It's a decent change form the heat that I'm used to. Running is more comfortable and swimming in a heated pool this morning was nice even though it was outside. I like the change and hopefully it'll stay this way for the entire winter.

Finally, my New Balance shoes have been retired and they are now my everyday shoes. I bought a new pair of the NB 1061 shoes and I have decided to not pick up another pair of Nike Air Pegasus. The NBs work a lot better for me and my physical therapist agrees with me.

New Balance mileage: 0 miles
Nike mileage: 208 miles
Weekly run mileage: 11 miles
Weekly swim distance: 6600m

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here