Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Speed is fun!

What was Tuesday's workouts? Oh, yes, a 1700m swim in the morning. Man, that was rough because it was the first before 6am workout I've had in about 6 weeks. I'm still tired from it. And I continued my dumbassedry as well. I went to the wrong pool. On M,W,F, my swim is at Courtyard in the morning and on T,TH it is at Lost Creek. On Tuesday morning, I went to Courtyard. I'm an idiot, wasted a bunch of sleep and gas. Eh, oh well. I was pretty sore from lifting weights on Monday so I didn't do that hard of a workout, but the swimming did help with the soreness. Speaking of lifting weights, I was fairly sore after Monday. My pecs, shoulders, hamstrings, glutes, and groin were sore.

I ended up doing a double workout on Tuesday and did my first workout with Texas Iron since before Longhorn. It was actually a really good workout. My legs were sore from running and lifting weights yesterday but I still pushed myself. The workout was a 15min warmup. Then, we did 3-5 1km loops that were hilly, too. I only did 3 loops since I'm just getting back into it. The pace was as fast as we could sustain for as many loops that we were doing. My 3 loops had times of 4:15, 4:09, and 4:00. I was pretty stoked about that because it felt like I was running through oatmeal on the last loop. Also, my max heart rate during all of these intervals was 183. With my max of around 190-192, this shows me that I was pushing pretty hard the entire time. Then we did a 1km cooldown and that was the workout.

Today is a rest day because I'm still sore in most places.

New Balance mileage: 200.5 miles
Nike mileage: 187 miles

3 comments:

Steve! said...

Hey Eric,
I recently found your blog and enjoy it. Sucks about going to the wrong pool! I've been there more than once. Anyway, I noticed you wearing a Texas Iron shirt, and I am interested in the organization. I was wondering if I can get your take on it. I was checking out the site and it looks like they charge you about 75 bucks a month or so for one workout a week. Is there more to it? I'd like a first hand opinion on the group.

I'm a swimmer, looking to get into Tri. Currently, I swim with Longhorn Aquatics, a master's team.


THANKS!

Me said...

Steve!, send me an email to erichollins@gmail.com and I'll give you my opinion.

Dances with Corgis said...

nice job getting up in the morning! you'll feel awesome all day. :)

make it a habit, collins!!!

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here