Sunday, April 16, 2006

Death March

After yesterday's run, I decided to go ahead and try a 60 minute run. Well, it's not 60 min, but it is 8.2 miles, roughly, which is 2 laps around Town Lake using the S 1st St bridge. I went out drinking last night and I wanted to see how much I weighed today from 1 night of drinking. I weighed in at 184.5 yesterday and 187.5 this morning. After my run today, I came back and weighed in at 183.5. Shit, I lost a lot of weight and that's a great indication of how freaking hot it was out there. When I got back, it was around 88 degrees. This is good because after IMAZ, I meant to do some heat acclimation running and this was a perfect day for it, but because this is the 2nd run in 3 weeks and I went out drinking last night, I didn't have a great run.

My legs were dead and heavy. I wasn't going that fast either. I kept wanting to stop but I kept moving. I have to do this and "run the run" when I do IMFL so I need to start practicing now. Well, I was practicing today for sure. I didn't feel like I could push that much harder, either. I tend to take awhile to get back up to speed after I'm off for awhile so this is typical. I just need to keep running.

Also, the back of my knee is still hurting. The front of my knee was about a 1 on the pain scale, but I could feel it. The back of the knee was a 4 or so. It caused me to limp afterwards. I'll work on doing some PT exercises today and tomorrow and then see Nicole again on Tuesday.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here