Sunday, April 30, 2006

Tough Ride

Just got back from my ride. I rode about 26 miles in 1:12. I averaged just over 21mph. I was bombing it the entire way. For some reason, I just didn't feel like going slow today. Also, the ride wasn't flat and the wind wasn't calm. When I got back, the temp was 88 degrees so it was probably 90 when I started the ride. I took 2 water bottles out and drained the first one in 20 minutes. The other one lasted me the rest of the ride. I was thirsty, but the mix that I was using wasn't quenching my thirst. Maybe I need something that is a lot thinner. I used a mix of Isopure protein powder, Carbo Pro, and Gatorade. I think the protein powder is making the mix chalky. I'll just leave it out next time or I could have my InfinIT by then as well.

I wanted to go out hard today because I haven't done much speedwork lately. I really like speedwork because I think that gets you faster over longer distances. Since putting in a ton of miles will likely kill my left knee, the miles that I do put in need to be fast ones so that my fitness level doesn't backtrack. Problem is that it has already.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here