Saturday, April 15, 2006

I ran today!

I ran today for about 30 minutes. I did about 3.5 miles or so around Town Lake. My knee was achy at first, but once I got warmed up, it was ready to go. I was still feeling some pain in the front of my knee though. It was only a 1, maybe a 2, on a scale of 1 to 10, but still noticeable. The back of the knee felt weird as well. I was trying to go slow and I felt like I was going slow for me. I almost stopped once because it felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I attribute this to not running in 3 weeks.

Afterwards, I went and aquajogged for about 20 minutes and then swam 2 lengths of Barton Springs. Swimming after running is miserable and I don't know why my coach does this torture to us.

After that, I went to the friendly folks at Austin Tricyclist and I think I alone finished off their breakfast tacos. Breakfast tacos are more addicting than crack, especially if they are free. I ran into Lauren and Matt and I ended up talking to Lauren for about 30 to 45 minutes or so about races, horrible IM's, and running shoes.

Tomorrow, I plan on doing a 60 minute run and some yoga, maybe. We'll see how my knee feels.

1 comment:

mcoker said...

awesome. it was a beautiful day for a run, indeed.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here