Sunday, April 30, 2006

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Thursday: I rode with Texas Iron for the usual Thursday workout. I did some hill repeats. I did 2 in the warmup and then 3 more for the workout at a harder pace. Eventhough I haven't been on the bike in a month I was powering up the hills pretty well and pushing a lot of other people. I finished the hill repeats and went back to the car. I only did 3 repeats because I didn't want to push my knee too hard too soon. Afterwards, I was almost home, but I really wanted some beer so I turned around and ate dinner with the rest of the group. I came home and crashed immediately.

Friday: I ran 30 minutes in the morning. It was humid outside and I got really sweaty really quickly. My knee was bothering me the entire time so I cut it short. I was going to go for 40-45 minutes, but only got 30 in because of the knee. I lifted weights after work and I'm glad it. Fridays are lazy days for me so it's tough for me to get any workouts in.

Saturday: No workouts. Instead, I was up really, really early to volunteer for the collegiate conference championship. There was a road race in the morning and a team time trial in the afternoon. I volunteered to be a corner marschal and it was pretty cool. I was really tired unfortunately. Besides watching cycling, I didn't do much at all.

Sunday: I finished watching the races this morning. There was a crit around the stadium at UT. After that, I came home and doing errands now. Later today, I'll ride my bike for about 60 minutes. I'm upping my time on the bike because it doesn't bother my knee as bad. Running definitely tweaks it. I'll try to get more miles on the ground tomorrow though. I need to pick up my exercises more, though. I really need to do more work with the TP ball to work out my hamstrings and knee.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here