Wednesday, April 12, 2006

PT Updates

Man, I'm really injury prone. I had Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis forever. It finally went away when I developed knee pain in my left knee on a long run one day. It was a radiating pain up my vastus medialis and then a sharp stabbing pain on the inside of my knee on the lower medial side of my kneecap. Not fun. I had the same pain in my right knee when I hurt it hiking about 2 years ago. I tried running on it and it wasn't getting better. Well, it was getting better, but only to a point. My physical therapist, Kathryn, is great, but I wanted to try something different. My friend Lauren has been seeing a guy named AJ Zelinski that specializes in in ART or Active Release Therapy. It worked for me. The knee pain was going away and I found out a lot problems with my legs. What they found wrong with me is similar to what Kathryn and my chiropractor said were wrong with me. The knee pain started to get better and I started to loosen up some tigh muscles. I went on a 75 mile bike ride on April 1st and the back of my knee started hurting. It hurt Saturday and Sunday, a little on Monday, but was fine on Tuesday. I saw AJ and then went for a ride after that. Knee pain again. I had Laurie work on my while I was in Arizona. She told me that my pelvis was twisted. I learned that this is probably from the fact that I keep my wallet in my back left pocket all the time. It's now in my front pocket forever. I also got a ton more exercises to do, but I think things are working. I start running again this weekend as well. I'm out of biking because of the back of the knee pain that is directly linked to biking. Kathryn called me to check up on me. I feel bad for using another PT, but they are working. It isn't like Kathryn is a bad PT. She is wonderful, but this place offers a different approach that is working for me.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here