Sunday, April 23, 2006

Supplements are bad, mmkay?

I've decided something. I'm stopping all of my supplements. About a month ago, I started on about 3 brand new supplements. I started on a new pharmeceutical grade multivitamin, a B complex vitamin, and some ZMA (zinc magnesium aspartate). For the last 2 weeks, I've been feeling slightly sick. I have no energy and I'm always tired. I'm stopping all supplements and pills except for Lexapro (I'll be off of that in a month anyways), fish oil, and glucosamine. I'll see if I'm feeling any better and if I am, I'll add in the other supplements every 2 weeks to see which one is causing me to feel like crap. I think it might be the multivitamin. The nutritionist that I saw about 2 months ago said that I need to switch from a generic multivitamin to something that is of better quality. I think the multivitamin might be the culprit, though. We'll see.

3 comments:

mcoker said...

muy interesting.
I take a Centrum daily. They're about 3-4 years old, too :-)

what multivitamin are you going to go to? I was going to get something different when this bottle ran up, which is soon.

Anonymous said...

desert dude says that you will piss out extra water soluable vitamins no matter what the grade. No research, that I am aware of exists, that says a pharma grade is more effacacious than a non pharma grade multivit.

Me said...

For the multivitamin, I'm using Total Formula 3 by Vitaline Formulas. I got it at the hippy pharmacy aka Peoples Pharmacy in Austin. The B complex vitamin is made by Bronson and tastes absolutely horrible. I don't know which ones I'm going to switch to in the future though.

DD, what do you think about quality of vitamins from generic to pharmaceutical grades?

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here