Friday, September 1, 2006

"You need to eat more fat"

That's what the nurse at my work told me this morning. I came in to get my cholesterol tested just because I like to see about twice a year how my numbers are doing. This is what I had about a year ago:

Total Cholesterol: 155
Triglycerides: 64
Glucose: 92
HDL: 49
LDL: 94
TC/HDL Ratio: 3.2
LDL/HDL Ratio: 1.9
Blood pressure: 112/64

These are my numbers today:

Total Cholesterol: 127 (I've never seen it that low before)
Triglycerides: 67
Glucose: 90
HDL: 45
LDL: 69
TC/HDL Ratio: 2.8
LDL/HDL Ratio: 1.5
Blood pressure: 104/74

My TC and my LDL have plummeted which I'm happy about. Blood pressure is good as well. The nurse told me that I need to eat more fat to get the triglycerides up a bit. I told her that I do eat fat, but it's mostly healthy fat. I wish my HDL was higher though but my LDL/HDL ratio is really low since 3 is the bottom of the normal range. Having a lower HDL level like this is probably a genetic thing since I don't think I've ever seen mine above 50 and I know some people that have 70+.

This morning, I checked my resting heart rate again and it was 50bpm. So, the average over 3 days this week is 51bpm and that is now my new official resting heart rate. My weight is down to 181 so I'm happy that I'm making some progress there as well.

Last night, I ended up running for 32 minutes. I didn't really have many issues. It felt like I was protecting my left leg and that's probably true. My 3rd metatarsal was starting to hurt very slightly towards the end of the run. On a scale of 1 to 10, it was a 0.5. I could feel something down there but not much. Today it seems perfectly OK. If there is any pain in my metatarsal, it's towards the 4th metatarsal and it's closer to the toes than the bone. I see my PT today and I'll discuss it with her. The met pad has raised my 3rd met up, but now it seems like the 4th met takes the brunt of the impact now. I'll discuss that with Rebecca today when I get my new orthodics.

Shoe Mileage: 34.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here