Monday, January 8, 2007

Funday Monday

Yesterday, I did a short pick up for the last half mile of my run. Today, I'm sore a bit in my quads. It's a nice feeling because even after all the IM training, when I started back, I wasn't sore. I miss being sore but I guess that's one of the downsides to being in shape like having to buy new clothes because you lost weight or you save money because you can't stand eating out anymore.

I went back to the J&A core workout tonight. It wasn't that tough, but it was still a great workout. Afterwards, I talked with Adam and a couple of other people about nutrition. I'm glad I stayed because I think that was the kick in the gut to get my off of sweets and crap at work. Tomorrow, I'm going cold turkey with the sweets and candy at work again.

As part of that, tonight I came home and made dinner and I actually didn't have spaghetti! I made up some broccoli and cheese couscous made by Near East. It's usually a pretty strong flavor so I made a cup of quinoa as filler. The thing is that it's very nutricious and is actually really healthy for you. I grilled up some chicken, added some garlic powder, cumin, ginger, and pepper. Mixed it all up and had some dinner. It makes 3-4 servings and was actually pretty good. The spices flavored the chicken and the flavor of the couscous mixed well with the quinoa. Very delicious.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here