Monday, January 29, 2007

Much Needed Update

Unlike some people, I like to keep my fans update of my training on somewhat of a regular basis. Yes, that basis may only be twice a week like lately, but I'm going to try to update every day. Ok, let's begin:

Wednesday: I did about 60 minutes on the bike. I can't remember exactly what I did, but there were some simulated hills and fast breaks in there. Oh, yeah, this was at the gym at work on the spin bike so I had Janee to keep me company for awhile. I meant to go to the core workout but work got in the way.

Thursday: All it was was a 3 mile run at the track around work. 3 miles was in a time of about 27:11 or something like that. Bicycle Sport Shop had their pro night that night and I went and had some free beer and pizza. Quite nice.

Friday: Damnit, can't remember what I did. Oh, I lifted weights that night. Nothing special.

Saturday: Started off on the 30 mile ATC taco ride. I actually had a flat at first and I started out 5 minutes behind everyone else. It sucks because that tube had never been ridden before. Well, I finally caught up with everyone else which surprised me. I actually stayed with the main group until the hill going up to William Cannon Dr. That's about 3 miles and I usually get dropped almost immediately. I just tried to stay calm and keep my heart rate low. After that, I was blown and slowed down a bit. I caught my breath and then ended up sucking the wheel of a couple of girls. Nice view, but pretty sad that it took a lot to stick with them. About 5 miles from the end, I was going hard to keep up with the group. I put my head down, look up just in time to see a rock in the road. I hit it and popped my front tube. I pulled over and I then replaced the second tube for the day. Got back on the bike and pushed myself hard again back to the bike shop. It was a hard ride and it felt good. After that, I ran about 2.5 miles and it was my first brick since before IMFL. I really didn't feel that bad. After that, I came home and was lazy.

Sunday: Did a 4.5 mile run. Nice and easy and I actually did it in about 40:47 which is a pretty good pace of about 9:05min/mile. Avg heart rate was about 150bpm. I felt fine the entire run, too. I came home and had a Sunday smoothie which I always enjoy.

Monday: I went to the core workout at J&A. It was tough but it was worth it. Afterwards, I went to Casa De Luz for dinner. Wow, it was awesome! Basically, it is an organic vegetarian restaurant. The dinner that night was actually gluten free as well. It was very, very enjoyable and was probably one of the best meals that I've had in awhile. I can't say enough about this place but it was excellent. Also, it was $12 all that you can eat and that included tax and tip as well. If any of the out of town fans come to visit me, I'll take you to this place because it's excellent.

Ok, that's it for now.

Oh, weight today was 194 pounds. I'm back to keeping track of my calories so that's why I'm stating it.

Shoe mileage: 144.5 miles

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

Eric, Casa De Luz sounds AWESOME. We don't have anything like that in Manhattan, although I am surprised because I bet it would really take off. Hmmm... new business venture?

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here