Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Feeling Good

I'm feeling really good right now. I just wanted the world to know that.

Tuesday morning was a run of 3.15 miles around my neighborhood. Total time was 27:26 with an avg HR of 147bpm. I don't know how this compares to the other 3.15 mile runs that I've done. I should put a graph together and show this because it could be interesting. Also, max HR was 159bpm. This run felt great, really. I could breathe the entire time and I'm no longer dreading the first part of a run. I tried to keep my heart rate low and consistent as well. The only problem was that my left Achilles hurt for about 5 minutes and then loosened up. It was coldish outside as well so that might have contributed.

Wednesday was a bike workout. 20min w/u, 10x1min fast, 1min easy, 10x30sec 1-leg drills, and then a cooldown. The intervals hurt but I only got my HR up in the 160-165 range. I could've gone harder. Skipped the core workout tonight. I'm sore from Monday, I have a strength workout tomorrow with Texas Iron, and work got in the way.

As I'm keeping track of my calories, I'm definitely increasing my physical exercise, I'm cutting out junk more, and I'm actually getting a 400-900 calorie deficit every day. For example, today I've eaten 2800 calories, exercised about 900 calories, and my RMR is about 2600 calories since I've been up and moving a lot today. That's about 700 calorie deficit and I feel slightly hungry, but OK overall. I think this is a good thing.

Shoe mileage: 147.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here