Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I missed the smell of chlorine

I went for a swim this morning. It's over 12 hours later and still smell like chlorine after a shower and a run. Oh, I missed that smell. I did 8x200yds at the warm, nice waters of Stacy Pool. Just trying to get back into it since this is the 3rd time I've swam since IMFL. I'm surprised at how well I did. I thought I would be out of breath or forget how to swim, but my stroke was about 97% on. It felt good to be back in the water, but I still hate the jaunt from the water to the locker room when it's 40 degrees outside.

A run tonight was actually a little harder than I expected. I did a 1.5 mile warmup nice and slow. Did some strides and then did 4x0.5 mile repeats with 90 seconds rest. I did each repeat at around 3:47 which is about a 7:35 pace. Not bad, but I did feel like I was going a little too hard. Right now, I feel fine though. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. Finally, did a half mile cooldown.

I talked with my coach about my running recovery plan. This week and next week will be a run every other day. He wants 3, 3, 4.5 or so. The 3 mile run will be faster than what I'm running now so my heart rate will be in the 145-150 range whereas now it's in the 130-135 range. This will help me clean up my form since I definitely know that I run better when running faster. After the end of next week, I'll go to a 2 on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off, 1 on schedule. Basically, I run an Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Monday. I'll do that for about 3 weeks and then I'll try to get back into the normal training schedule. The only thing that I don't like is my coach wants me to do 1 aquajog at least every other week. After doing that for 3.5 months last year, I don't want to do another aquajog. I asked him even though I'm running 3-4.5 miles at a time if it'll really beat up my body that much and he said yes. I just don't know if I can through it again.

I was going to mention something else, but I'm completely enamored with the announcement of the iPhone. I'm completely looking forward to this device because this is exactly the thing that I've been looking for and Apple can pull it off. Wow.

Shoe mileage: 116.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here