Sunday, January 7, 2007

Weekend Update

Not much to talk about this weekend. I did a bike ride on Saturday. I intended to do a 10 mile warmup, do the ATC taco ride, and then 10 miles back home for a total of 50 miles. It was kind of cold and nasty. I met up with the ATC ride and kept going. Usually, the "race" doesn't start until we turn onto Southwest Parkway. Well, some J&A guys joined the ride and tried to upstage the ATC people and started going hard on the hill on Mopac. Assholes. This isn't going to be good at all because if they keep doing this, everyone will start bitching about the ride and it won't be fun anymore. Not good at all. Anyways, I went on the ride and got dropped almost immediately again. So, warming up didn't do much for me. I kept going and I felt like I had completely blown up. Also, I got cold all of a sudden and it started raining. I turned around, then decided to not quit. Then, I quit 5 minutes later. I was working and I was still cold and that wasn't a good sign. I headed back to my place but I still put in about 30 miles. And it was a hard 30 miles, too. My punishment for being a pussy on the ride was no breakfast tacos for me.

Sunday was yoga first and then a 3.15 mile run. Yoga was good and loosened up my ankles a bit. The class was packed. The teacher was Angela and she's good, but she talks a lot. The run was good. I did the 3.15 mile loop and I was feeling good. The weather was about 62 degrees and sunny. The last half mile of the run, I decided to pick up the pace a bit and push it. I did the last half mile 03:43.9 which is a pace of about 7:30/mile with a heart rate in the mid 160's. Total time was 29:08 and average bpm was 133. The pickup was good because the pace that I ran at was about what I ran at before I got hurt last year. It just felt awesome to actually run with a lengthened stride instead of a short stride. Hopefully this running slower to get faster thing will pay off.

Shoe mileage: 112 miles

4 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

What is a "taco ride?" Sounds like something that would be up my alley...

As I've started going to yoga classes, I've been noticing how much an instructer can make a difference... went to one with a weird old guy which was... not the best, and another with a younger woman who was GREAT.

Me said...

The taco ride is a ride that an LBS puts on that has free breakfast tacos at the end. I usually do this just to justify eating 4 breakfast tacos. They are awesome.

Yes, the instructor does matter a lot in yoga.

Dances with Corgis said...

I am just posting here because I think it's funny that my comments turn into conversations on your blog... haha... I ask you a question, then you answer. I'm sure it's fun for everyone else to read our mundane dialog! :)

Me said...

Well, I do take other ideas and try to turn them into some meaningful thoughts on my blog. Well, the only people that read my blog are you, Jodi, and me so it really doesn't matter how mundane our conversations are.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here