Wednesday, June 20, 2007

By popular demand, the Sunday Smoothie

Well, here it is:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
1 handful frozen raspberries or mixed berries
2 handfuls frozen strawberries
1/2 cup lowfat chocolate milk
1 dab of peanut butter

Throw it in a blender, mix it up, and enjoy. It's very delicious. I think the touches that make it great are the chocolate milk and the dab of PB. Yummy.

I skipped my workouts today. I'm feeling sick today so I skipped them and I'm trying to get a lot of sleep tonight. I don't know what caused this, though. It seems that I get a bit ill whenever the temp gets really high the first time each summer. It may have been because I'm a little worn out from the run on Sunday and the workouts on Tuesday and my body isn't happy. It also could have been all the crap that I breathed in last week working on my bathroom. Either way, I need some rest.

Also, I think I got a touch of poison ivy from my run on Sunday. I have a bit on the inside of my right arm. It's probably the smallest case I've ever had though. I have bandaids on it because it's kind of funny. If I don't see it, it doesn't itch as bad. If it's exposed, it itches like crazy. I'm pretty sure I got it on Sunday because there is all kinds of poison ivy around Town Lake trail. The next time I run, I just have to make sure to not touch anything green.

2 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

Huh. I liked it to start, but then all the other flavors... the peanut butter, the chocolate... might be too much for my sensitive pallate ;)

Thanks for posting the recipe!

Me said...

If you are a self proclaimed "foodie", you can't have a sensitive pallate. What's up with that? ;-)

This smoothie tastes great. You had a problem with the peanut butter. It's just a dab so it doesn't add much flavor, but think about how well chocolate and peanut butter go together. Now, for the chocolate milk, don't you like chocolate covered strawberries? Also, chocolate topping on vanilla ice cream goes well together. I know it sounds strange, but all the flavors do mix well together.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here