Saturday, June 2, 2007

I hate my body

I'm about to sound like a 14 year old girl minus the extreme attraction towards Justin Timberlake. I have only a moderate attraction towards JT. I hate my body. Let me tell you why. Oh, and those people that maintain a constant weight pretty easily, screw you! Just kidding. Last Saturday, I was making progress towards losing weight. I weighed in at 184. Not bad. I was pretty happy with that. I was watching what I eat and everything last week and being pretty disciplined. I started doing mild carb loading on Sunday and I upped my calorie intake. Monday was the day of the race, but the race didn't happen. I still ate pizza and drank beer, but I didn't consider it that excessively. I weighed myself on Wednesday morning and I was at 192.5. Holy shit! That's a lot. I know that I retain water and my weight increases when I drink, but 8.5 pounds in 4 days is ridiculous. What the hell happened. I thought maybe it was a temporary weight gain or something like that. So, I weighed myself again on Friday. I still weighed 190. I gained 6 pounds in a week. That's why I hate my body.

Ok, workout update. Tuesday and Wednesday were rest days for me. Why? Because I was busy and lazy. Sometimes I just have weeks were working out is the last thing on my mind and this week was one of them. I was getting ready to start remodeling my bathroom and just had other errands as well. Thursday was a morning swim of 3300m with T3. That night was a track workout with Texas Iron. Man, this workout was killer. It was a fartlek/lactic threshold workout. We only ran 6000m but it was a constant run with fast intervals followed easy recovery. I would explain the workout, but it was somewhat complicated and I can't remember it anymore. I do believe that I was holding my intervals throughout the workout though. Oh, I hurt really badly after the workout as well. My legs are still fatigued. Oh, this was my first run with my New Balance 1061s. They felt fine.

Friday was a missed swim workout due to my bathroom remodel. I'm exhausted from demoing the bathroom. It really is a lot of work and physical exertion that I'm not used to. But it's fun except when I break a water line and flood my house for 45 minutes. Yeah, you read that right. You'll read about it soon on my other blog. This morning was suppose to be a 2.5 hour base ride and then a 40 minute brick run. I did about 1.5 hour base ride and then a 20 minute run. I left my house at 7am this morning to do this workout. I had only a limited amount of time this weekend since I still had a lot of stuff to do for demoing my bathroom and I had to be somewhere at 10am. The bike was fine, but the run was tough. Very tough. The Austin summers are starting. For those that don't live here, it sucks all the time during the summer in Austin. It is cooler during the morning, but it's humid. It gets dryer throughout the day, but I think the high temp today was around 94. It's like that until September. I think that was part of the reason why my run hurt today. And probably because I was still tired from the Thursday track workout.

New Balance mileage: 7.5 miles
Nike mileage: 19 miles

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I am SOOOOOO with you on that one. You're not alone...

Jodi

mcoker said...

Dude, my weight fluctuates 5-10lbs depending on the time of day. I weighed 192 before I started triathlon, I weighed myself this morning for the first time in months (cause i was about to take a big dump and wanted to see how much it weighed haha), and I'm 130! Why do you weigh yourself all the time anyways? I could be wrong, but it seems like you've been doing that for *forever* (as long as I've been reading this and have known you), and you're always like the same weight. You're "big boned", like my dog. He sits around all day and does nothing, but get up to shit every once in a while and eat, then sleep and repeat. He weighed the same when I used to feed him scraps all the time and walk him daily, too. He'll never look like a chihuahua, or a St. Bernard. He's always gonna be a stocky, kinda fat dog. And he makes the most of it by hanging out on my lap and letting me rest my head on his soft belly for naptime :-) Get over here, lift up your shirt and lemme nestle my skinny little head on your belly and stop it with the constant focus on your constantly fluctuating, but always staying "basically the same" slightly-overweightness. You is who you is man.

Good grief I am an asshole.

Me said...

Yes, you are an asshole ;-) My weight flucuates that much as well, but whenever I post my weights on my blog, it is always under the same conditions: first thing in the morning, after a morning "evacuation", and naked. Yes, I have been trying to lose weight ever since we have known each other. One is for athletic reasons because the lighter that I am, the better my knees feel and the more that I can workout. Also, I keep doing a yoyo thing. Usually after an event, I'll let myself go for about a week and my weight really shoots up. Not cool. Anyways, not much to say besides I want to be about 170 or so.

mcoker said...

Word. Well, whatever you're doing and have been doing for a year or whatever ain't workin dogg. I dunno if you really care or not, but if so, you might consider changing something up. Either more exercise, more strict diet, or you can just go on weighing yourself daily and talking about what you ate that (week or whatever) and how you gained a pound here, lost one there, gained it back, lost it, gained two, lost 'em, gained one, lost it.... :-)

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here