Monday, June 4, 2007

Sunday Run

Nothing special but I did a long run yesterday. I went out with the mentality that it was going to be a slow, long run and it was. I wasn't pushing myself that much and my times reflected it with about 8:45/mile. It didn't hurt as bad as the run on Saturday, either. It was hot and humid as expected. I felt fine but I felt my metatarsals on my left foot a bit and that is starting to bother me. I guess it's time to start wearing my orthodics again and see if they help at all. Today, my ankles are a little sore and my right hip is pretty sore, specifically in the tensor fasciae latae. I guess I need to do more exercise this week. I really tried to work on my from with a slight forward lean from the ankles and not the hips. Oh, mango Powershots are nasty.

New Balance mileage: 7.5 miles
Nike mileage: 27.5 miles
Weekly run mileage: 16 miles

2 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

Busting out "metatarsals" on us, huh? :)

Glad you had a good run. I've never tried a mango powergel although did have a "pure energy" flavored one that was pretty gross recently.

Me said...

I'm surprised that "metatarsals" got you but you didn't say anything about "tensor fasciae latae".

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here