Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sternocleidomastoid muscle!

That's the muscle that I learned when reading my medical terminology book the other day. I like it because it's a long word and I can remember it. BTW, this medical terminology stuff is cool to learn. I didn't know that the skull has 20 bones in it. Also, the human body has 206 bones in it. Now, let's take away the hands and feet which have over a 100 bones between them. Then, you have roughly 27 vertebrae (that's a rough estimate off the top of my head). Now, we are already up to 150 bones and that's not counting the pelvis, ribs, arms, or legs. Anyways, that's just cool.

Monday was a rest day, but I did weigh in at 185. I think work is causing me to gain weight because they day that I come back to work, I have a brownie, some cookies, a Snickers bar, a piece of lemon cake, and a Dr. Pepper. That's all crap. I know that it's my own will power and discipline (or lack of) that is making me eat these things but I still like to complain about the environment that I'm in here.

Tuesday was a 2700m swim. I cut it short because we had a fin set at the end and it was causing all kinds of issues with my calves and feet. Also, I hadn't swam in a week so I wanted to take it a bit easy. I was leading my lane as well. Maurice actually asked if I wanted to be in a quicker lane and I said no. If I'm in a quicker lane, all I want to do is to go faster. Right now, I'm trying to rebuild my stroke and I can't rebuild my stroke and go fast at the same time. As long as I lead my lane, I'll be fine because I usually get stuck behind others and I just can't swim in a smooth fashion because I'm delegated by as fast as the person in front of me. I'll be up in the next faster lane in a month or two, though.

Last night was a run. A hot run. The temp was around 98 degrees or so according to my car. After a 20 minute warmup, I did 4x1/2 mile repeats. I wasn't able to hold the intervals with times of 2:54, 2:48, 3:01, 3:11. I just fell apart at the end with my side cramping and I couldn't breathe. Maybe I ate too much before the workout. I didn't feel dehydrated though because I had at least 4 liters of water before the workout last night. Eh, oh well. I just need to get over this heat. I don't think it's a physical thing as much as it is a mental thing.

New Balance mileage: 32.5 miles
Nike mileage: 39.5 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here