Saturday, June 30, 2007

Weekly update

I've been busy lately. I've given up on my tile job in my bathroom and I'm paying someone to do it. I just don't want to do it anymore. I'm also trying to study more for the medical terminology class that I'm taking right now.

Ok, enough personal stuff. Wednesday was a 3500yd swim. Not much to write about there. Actually, when I'm in a lane, I usually lead on the swim sets. For paddle and fin sets, I'm at the end because I suck at them. However, Maurice let me borrow some other fins. Wow, I'm fast! I need to get some longer fins. I ended up leading the last few intervals of the fins.

Thursday was a brick workout with Texas Iron. It was a bunch of mini duathlons. After the warm up of a 3 mile loop on the bike and a 1 mile run, we did 3 intervals of 1/4 mile run, 3 mile bike, 1 mile run. These were suppose to be hard intervals and I really pushed myself. Of course the last one was the fastest for me. I held off Fast Freddy on the last one because he beat me the first two 1 mile runs. Woohoo! Oh, and I completely embarrassed Betsey because I told her that her shorts were worn out and I could see the crack of her ass. That was funny.

Friday was a crappy day. I skipped my swim workout because I just wasn't feeling it.

This morning was a 60 min run. I ended up getting 6.5 miles in today. I was also dehydrated because I got up, ate a Clif Bar, and pretty much without drinking any fluids. Once I hit about 35 minutes into the run, my heart rate started to skyrocket and I was going SLOW. It felt really slow even though I was going downhill. I came home and used MapMyRun and found out that the course I ran had an elevation gain of about 150 feet over the 3.25 miles. That's not much but it isn't insignificant either. Even going downhill on the way back, I was still slower with a higher heart rate. I came home and drink the first liter of water in 3 gulps and about 3 seconds and drank the second liter in about 3 minutes after that. Wow, that felt good. I also developed chaffed nipples again which are annoyingly painful.

After doing some yard work and studying (I got through another 1.5 chapters), I went on an easy bike ride. It was hot but started cooling off a bit. I took it nice and easy and it was a pretty good ride. Also, I had a courteous driver! I was riding along and there was an SUV that passed me and was turning right. Instead of cutting me off and turning right in front of me, they stopped until I passed. That made my entire ride!

Oh, I weighed 183.5 yesterday. And I finally got over 20 run miles in this week and this week was a recovery week, too.

New Balance mileage: 46.5 miles
Nike mileage: 55 miles
Weekly run mileage: 20.5 miles

1 comment:

mcoker said...

Why do you weigh yourself every day and not like once a week or something?

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here