Saturday, December 1, 2007

75 miles & 50,000 meters

Since it is December 1st, I've decided to set a goal for the month. I will add a couple of metrics (man, I hate that word but it fits) to my blog to track. Here they are:

Remaining run miles: 75
Remaining swim meters 50,000

This should easily be accomplished if I swim 4-5 days per week and run 4-5 days per week. I almost went 100 run miles, but I think that might be a bit too much for me. We'll see if a month of fairly focused training will help me out.

I didn't do any workouts on Thursday. I wasn't feeling that well. I woke up that morning and was pretty dizzy and lightheaded and I had those spells throughout the day. Thursday was a run day and I was going to do about 6 miles with some intervals and fartleks in there. I did a run on Friday to make up for it but I didn't do the mileage. I just did the 3.1 mile neighborhood loop and did 5x1min strong, 1 min easy. Total time was about 27:09. It was a decent run. It was raining slightly but it was around 65 degrees so it was comfortable. It also feels good to run faster than to run slower. Before the run, I did a weight lifting session at the gym. I was focused and I was able to do it in about 30 minutes which is about all the weights that I think that I need right now. Well, I do it twice a week but that's it.

Before that in the morning, I went to the pool. I wasn't feeling it that morning. I still got in the water but did about 1350m. I got out because I just wasn't there mentally and my should was bothering me a bit. I talked with my swim coach about my shoulder and we agreed to move me down a lane. I won't be doing any faster intervals and I especially won't be doing them with paddles. I've noticed that paddles tend to hurt my shoulder as well as the faster intervals. Also, I've greatly increased the yardage while increasing the intensity at the same time and that's just a recipe for disaster. For the next 2 weeks, I'll keep the yardage up but I'll take the intensity down a bit. I may do 1 faster workout a week if that. I followed this advice this morning and my shoulder hurt a bit at first but once I warmed it up, it felt fine for the rest of the practice and that was about 3000m, too. I'll keep up with my shoulder exercises and keep it easy for 2 weeks and I should be fine.

Other than that, not much is going on. I weighed in at 196.5 on Friday so I've barely gone down in weight this week. For some motivation, I need to take a before shot and then hopefully take an after shot in a few months when I've lost 20 pounds or so.

New Balance mileage: 0
Nike mileage: 221 miles
Remaining run miles: 75
Remaining swim meters 47,000

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here