Thursday, September 14, 2006

50 Days!

50 days to IMFL. Shit, it's really close now. But one good thing is that I weighed 183 yesterday and 180.5 today. I think I had a lot of water weight after last weekend and I'm slightly dehydrated to. Also, no alcohol and no candy at work so far this week.

Tuesday was a Barton Springs swim. I did 1 warmup, 3 easy, 2 mod, 1 fast, 1 cooldown. On the 1 fast, I was swimming with some other guys that had wetsuits on. I beat them to the dam and I wasn't wearing a wetsuit. That one fast was really fast for me. I was wheezing about a third into it but I kept up the pain. That night, I was going to do a 75min aquajog, but did 60 minutes on the elliptical instead since it was raining. My knee was bothering me so that's not a good sign. I'm going to have to watch that closely when I start running on land again.

Wednesday was a J&A core workout. I'm a little sore from it now. Then, I did about 80min on the bike with some hill sprints. It was slightly painful. I also had other knee problems going on as well. I had this weird popping on the outside of my knee. That's a first.

I got some acupuncture done today. I heard it can help the healing process and since my entire left leg is fucked, I thought it wouldn't hurt. We'll see how it helps me out.

1 comment:

toddewithy said...

I picked up reading your blog from the atcunderground.com site. Good luck with IMFL. I am working up towards my first IM next year at IMAZ. And dont sweat the knee popping thing. That is probably a ligament out of place and it is catching on the outside of your knee when you bend it. I have dealt with the same issue for several years. Its not painful, however it just doesnt feel right. I get active release treatment on my legs and it really seems to help. Unfortunately I know all to well about knee issues.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here