Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I love the smell of chlorine in the morning

I went to Stacy today. It actually wasn't too bad. The water was actually cooler and I was cold for about 400yds so it was about 76 degrees or so. I just did an easy 2000yds. Yesterday, I did 30min on the elliptical machine. I didn't have the heart to go to Barton Springs to aquajog.

Also, it's almost that time of the year. What I'm talking about is the portion of the year from about October to about March where I freeze my ass off. I'll still swim at Stacy at 6am when it's 34 degrees outside, but I'll be bitching about it the entire time. I need to get some more cold weather gear, too. I want to pick up another piece of REI Power Stretch longsleeve top, but it's $75 a pop, but it's totally worth it. I also want to get another warm hooded sweatshirt and a swim parka. On a side note, my work's webfilter blocks http://tyr.com and http://lanefour.com.

I'm only doing 30-45min of exercise a day and I feel lazy because of it. Most people don't get 60-90min of exercise a week and I'm complaining because I feel lazy. I've also been very good about restraining from eating crap. I had a piece of birthday cake at work yesterday. Well, I ate two bites and threw the rest away. Right now there are half a dozen cupcakes sitting in the fridge and I haven't had one either. Will power strong! Fat cells weak!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I hit the pool this morning, too. But the nice indoor heated kind. I hear you on the 30-45 minutes thing. I've cut back too to heal my legs for the start of base-building. I'm itching to get to the gym to ellipt, though. At least it's exercise.

The next week is going to be a serious test of my willpower. San Francisco with free restaurant meals every night. Mmmm....

mcoker said...

does your work block sites like www.the-cloak.com? I've been thinking about setting up a proxy on my server @ home to use when I'm at work, on wireless from places I dont know, etc...

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here