Monday, September 18, 2006

Well, that might make some sense

As I've been vocal about lately, I've been plagued with injuries this year, all in my left leg. One contribution to them is the wart on my foot. I think the other is my plantar fasciitis. Now, the plantar fascia are thick connective tissues that support the arch of the foot and run from the heel to the toes. I started having PF problems in December of last year and I thought I worked through them, but if I slacked off at them even for a week, my PF would come back. Now, let's say that I didn't really work through them that well. The pain has gone away, but the fascia are still tight given the quickness at the pain coming back when I didn't do anything. What I've also noticed is that compared to me other foot and the other fascia in my left foot, the 3rd fascia is really tight. I work on it with a ball and stretch it and stuff, but it's still tight. Let's assume that it has been tight for so long that it has actually caused my metatarsal head to become misaligned and actually bring my 3rd metatarsal head down. With the 3rd metatarsal head in this position and not in the natural arch shape, it hits first when I take a step or run and caused the bruising that I started experiencing back in June.

Now, is this a plausable explanation or it just a pure coincidence that my 3rd fascia is really tight and my 3rd metatarsal head has fallen and become bruised?

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here