Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Down with the sickness

Well, I woke up this morning after about 8.5 hours of sleep and I felt pretty tired. I went to swim and didn't feel like it so I went straight to work. At work, I started feeling worse and worse. I decided to skip my workouts today and rest up a bit. I don't feel run down, but I actually feel sick. I may take tomorrow off of work depending upon how I feel in the morning, but I'm sure the workouts tomorrow are out as well.

I know a lot of people that are so into training that when they start not feeling well, they still find any reason to keep working out. However, they aren't doing themselves any good because they are just wearing themselves out further. Their body needs to take care of itself and exercising while sick is just taking away resources from your body getting healthy again. There are some people that say if the illness is above the neck, then exercise is OK, but if the illness is below the neck, then to rest. I disagree with that slightly so if I'm feeling crappy at all, I'm going to rest. I used to be one of those completely obsessed triathletes that would do anything to not miss a workout. I'm a little more relaxed now. I realize that there are other things to life than training all the time. Also, training is designed to be cumulative so missing a workout here and there is not going to matter that much in the long run.

1 comment:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here