Sunday, March 4, 2007

Yum, dinner

I've posted this before, but I just want to reiterate how good my new staple dinner is. I cooked up some tomatoe and lentil couscous while the inca red quinoa was cooking. Once it was done, I threw the couscous in with the quinoa. I also put in a can of chick peas, tomatoes, and red bell peppers. For spices, I put in kosher salt, black pepper, cumin, ginger, garlic, rosemary, basil, oregano, and paprika. Oh, put in some olive oil as well. I cooked up my spicy crusted salmon which had canola oil, kosher salt, black pepper, cumin, paprika, basil, and rosemary put on it. It turned out really well. The salmon was fresh since I was home from the grocery store for less than an hour before the salmon was out of the oven. I had a spinach salad with some fat free ranch dressing and some black pepper. I'm so happy right now because it's such a good feeling to be full off of healthy, good quality food.

Brandon, is this a good, nutrient dense dinner?

4 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

Sounds freaking awesome. I'm leaving on a (another! hee) ski vacation next week, so haven't let myself go grocery shopping this or last week- trying to eat all the leftover food in my fridge. I'm down to canned tuna and frozen veggies. :( However, when I do get back and actually get some fresh food, I am going to buy and replicate your meal!

-Brandon said...

Well, I'm just a hack at nutrition. I have no letters to put after my name that signify anything official...

But, I'd say that's a pretty good dinner if you ask me. Since you've commented a few times about trying to get down to your fighting weight, just remember that 1 tablespoon of oil has something like 120 calories in it. A tablespoon here and there can add up. With all of the non-stick cookware, I'd say that you hardly need much oil these days.

mcoker said...

You can always use onions instead of oil, too. That goes for the grill, sautee's, whatever.

Me said...

I'm not much of a fan of onions. I'll eat them, but I don't go out of my way to put them in food.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here