Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Not Pissy Tuesday

I was in a much better mood today, luckily. Still not perfect, but definitely in a better mood.

This morning, I started out with a workout on the spin bike. I had to do some longer intervals today. Got in a total of 60 minutes on the spin bike. After that, I did some shoulder exercises to get them back into shape since they've been hurting lately. After work, I ran 6.1 miles around the track at work. I was quite surprised that I got that far, actually. It got me thinking that I've noticed some decent changes in my running in the last month or so. Either my fitness has really improved or I've changed my stride enough that I'm running much more efficiently now. I've noticed that if I keep the same heart rate, I'm running much faster than I was 6 weeks ago. For instance, I ran the first 1.6 miles at work in 13:30 which is about 8:27min/mile. My average heart rate during this period was only 138bpm. Total time was 51:26 for the 6.1 miles which was a pace of 8:26. That's odd because I definitely felt like I was going a lot faster during the intervals tonight. Either way, I felt like I was flying but maybe my perception was off. Max heart rate was 164bpm and the last 10 minute build period was an avg HR of 156bpm. I would've like to seen that closer to 165 but I'll get there eventually.

After the run, I did some more shoulder exercises. My shoulders were feeling better towards the end of the day and that's a very good sign.

My calorie intake was decent today. I had some chocolate and ice cream, but that was because I could afford to eat that because I burned a lot of calories today. Yes, I know I shouldn't eat that stuff, but I'm a lot better at this than I was a year ago. Even splurging a bit, I still have a calorie deficit of over 1000 calories today.

Time for bed now to get ready for a Barton Springs swim tomorrow. It'll be the first time that I've worn my wetsuit since IMFL.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here