Sunday, March 11, 2007

Return to Barton Springs

I went for my long run this morning around Town Lake. It was a little bit hot today. Ok, not bad, but it was in the upper 70's when I finished the run. This was the longest run since IMFl at 8.2 miles. Total time was 70:45 so it was a pace of 8:38 per mile. Not bad for a base run. I seem to be getting faster. I tried to keep it an easy pace and a base run as well and my heart rate never got really high. Max was actually only 157bpm. Average was 145bpm. The first 4.1 was done in 35:14 with an avg HR of 143bpm. The second half was done in 35:31 with a HR of 148bpm. It was getting a little tough towards the end but I kept it up. My hamstring on my right leg was slightly hurting me at first but eased up after awhile. It was bothering my stride a bit. After the run, my knees were bothering me a bit. They've been bothering me for awhile now. My patellar tendons on both knees are sore. It's right where the tendon connects to the patella. It's sore when I do movements like standing up or squats where I load the tendons. Yoga today hurt because of it. Anyone have any ideas?

Afterwards, I went to Barton Springs and swam for a bit. It was the first time that I was there since before IMFL. It was still cold. Not as bad as I remember, but not exactly enjoyable. I did 3 laps and called it quits. I just wanted to get in the cold water to help try to get my legs to heal. I was working on the shoulder underneath my chin while swimming. It's still not completely natural yet but I'm getting closer to it. I also learned a new visualization on Slowtwitch today. When I begin my pull, try to visualize pulling my hand to my opposite hip. This helps to keep the arm close to the body and also promote rotation as well. I'll work on it some more.

Later in the day, I went to yoga. It was good and loosened up my hamstrings a bit. They hurt as well as my patellar tendons. It was relaxing though and I tried to breathe and really get into it. Oh, one more thing. I actually did the Crow Pose in yoga today. I wasn't able to balance for more than a couple of seconds, but I was expecting to come out of yoga today with a broken nose but it didn't happen.

So, that was my day today.

Shoe mileage: 242 miles
Weekly run mileage: 18 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here