Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weird Dream

I have to get this off of my chest and why not here. I had a really weird dream last night. It started off camping in the woods. I like camping so this was pretty cool. It was fall and the leaves were starting to fall and it was very pretty. I'm wandering around the woods for awhile. Don't know what I was doing, probably looking for a place to pee, but I was wandering around in the woods. All of a sudden, a little bobcat type thing comes out of the bushes and is pissed off at me. I stand my ground, puff up to make myself look bigger and I eventually scare him away. As soon as he runs into the bushes, his pissed off bigger brother of a mountain lion starts charging at me. I try to do the same thing to scare him away and I pick up a big branch and try to fend him off. The mountain lion bites the branch in half and then I decided to get the hell out of there. I start running and finally look back and the mountain lion is gone. I think I'm saved. I'm relieved and I'm about to start making my way back to camp. The bushes rustle a bit and then a grizzy bear appears. I can't believe this because it just keeps getting worse and worse. I fend off a bobcat, and then a mountain lion, but I'm going to need help with a grizzly bear. Then, all of a sudden, I hear more rustling behind me and I turn around to see what it is. It's my saviour. It's Gene Simmons from KISS in full KISS makeup with guitar in hand. He scares off the grizzly and saves me from being a bear lunch. I thank him and then he teaches me to play the guitar. I'm a natural and master it in about 5 minutes. Then, we have a jam session and I wake up. I couldn't sleep after this because who could sleep after a dream like this? All I wanted to do was to check myself into a clinic to figure out what the fuck is wrong with me where Gene Simmons and being chased my mountain lions would appear in the same dream.

I just watched the season finale of Battlestar Galactica. It was fucking awesome! This season has been on the downslope and this episode had some redemption.

Ok, now my work outs. I ran this morning. I dida nother 8.2 miles around Town Lake. First lap hurt a bit. My joints weren't hurting bad like usual, but I just hurt. I think my body was still in recovery mode from being sick. I eventually loosened up quite a bit and was feeling much better. I could tell my form wasn't that great and I wasn't picking up my knees, but I was running still. The temperature was OK in the high 60's, but it was really, really humid today and I was sweating almost immediately. The trail was bare because the Capital 10K was going on today. I had no interest in running in it and I didn't know it was today until 2 days ago. The first lap was done in 35:05 with an avg HR of 141. Not bad. Second loop was 34:28 with an avg HR of 136. I know that's not right though because my HRM strap was slipping down and getting incorrect measurements. Total time was 1:09:33 for a pace of 8:28min/mile. I'm happy with that because that is easily Zone 1 for me. After I got warmed up, it was a good run. For the rest of the day, my knees didn't hurt that bad, either. They are usually aching for the rest of the day, but not today.

After the run, I went for a swim at Barton Springs. I also wanted to get in my wetsuit since I haven't worn it since November. I got in and swam all of 50 yards before I got out. Since Barton Springs is a natural body of water, it's subject to high bacteria counts. These bacteria counts go up when it rains like it has the last few days. Also, the rain washes sediments into the water. Cloudy water usually indicates bacteria and sendiments in the water. I swam and I couldn't see anything. With my immune system being low from being sick last week, I didn't want to risk it and cut the swim really, really short. I soaked my legs and then came home and had a Sunday Smoothie.

BTW, I hate the song "Arms Dealer" by Fallout Boy. It's played way too much.

Shoe mileage: 271 miles
Weekly run mileage: 18 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here