Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lazy Weekend

Man, I've had a lazy weekend. The only thing that I've done as far as exercise is I ran for 50 minutes tonight. Did 10 minutes easy and then build every 10 minutes after that and finished with 10 minutes easy again. It wasn't a good run, though. It felt like I couldn't breathe the entire run. Also, I couldn't get my heart rate up that high, either. My legs felt fine though and I felt like my form was decent as well, not great, but decent.

I took it easy this weekend because I needed a break. I had a few drinks for St. Paddy's Day and slept in both days. I slept 12 hours on Friday night. I actually got up at 5:30 on Saturday morning. I walked out the door around 6 to go for a run. It was cold and my legs were hurting. I turned around about 25 yards into it and went back to bed. I think it was a good decision, though. I also did some, uh, calorie replenishment, this weekend as well.

I did some PT exercise today on my legs. More importantly, I did some exercises on my left shoulder. It's been bothering me decently since I started swimming a lot again. I don't exactly know what happened to it. It's always has bothered me. It might just be from something like I've slept on it wrong for years. My personal trainer at the gym thinks that I had a rotator cuff tear when I was younger and it never healed correctly. I'm thinking about going to see my PT about it to get it fixed, but my goal this year was to not see the PT at all. I can't be stupid, though and if I hurt, I should go get it fixed. My back has been having spasms as well. I could feel it getting tight yesterday and then today I started having outright spasms again. Not cool. Like my hamstrings, calves, and shoulder, I need to work on it as well. Oh, I could see Dr. Laurie and see what she thinks is wrong and could get me fixed up. I'll think about that tomorrow, though. Now, I'm tired and need to go to bed to swim with Longhorn Aquatics again.

Shoe mileage: 253 miles
Weekly run mileage: 11 miles

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here