Saturday, March 10, 2007

Great ATC Ride

I did the ATC ride today again. This time, I actually held on for a bit. The ride was huge this morning. It was probably the biggest group that I've seen do the ride at around 75-100 people. Yes, the peloton was huge going out and we took up so many lanes. I was actually feeling really good today. I was sore from sprint workout on Thursday though and my quads and hamstrings let me know it, but I kept pushing. We turned on Southwest Parkway and I was actually using a few stragglers to put me back into the back of the pack. I was actually gaining ground on them and then I hit a stoplight. I almost had it today. After the light, I was in the front with Missy and Tim who wear also wearing ATC jerseys. They are both strong riders and I stuck on their wheels. We had a pack of about 8-10 guys and the 3 of us were in the front pretty much the entire time up to Jack Brown Cleaners. I took one or two pulls but I felt it was good enough sitting on Tim and Missy's wheels. By hanging on their wheels, they were able to push me and kept my heart rate at 160-175 pretty much the entire time. It was a lot of fun. We got to Jack Brown's and rested for a few minutes. Missy's husband was waiting for her and Tim waited for his girlfriend, A-Pack Annie. Then, the 5 of us took off back to the shop. I got dropped at one point, but I was able to catch back up to them. Truthfully, I think they slowed up for me, but I was still pushing hard.

Pretty much the entire ride, I felt like my legs were toast. I was suppose to do a brick, and I was debating whether to do it or not because I thought my legs were going to be trashed. Actually, my legs would feel fine after taking it easy for a couple of minutes. I finished the ride and decided to go ahead and do a brick. Problem was that my hamstring wasn't feeling well. Since I've had hamstring problems in the past and I know how hard they are to heal, I cut the run at 5 minutes and went back to ATC for some tacos. After that, I went to Barton Springs and soaked my legs for about 20 minutes to help promote healing. I have a base run tomorrow so I'll see how my hamstring feels.

BTW, the weather here is absolutely gorgeous. A high today of about 82 which meant a ride in the 60's today. Sunny as hell. Just awesome.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here