Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th Update

Well, it appears that my coach has a mini swim block for me. Today was my third swim in 4 days and I have a total of 5 swim workouts in 8 days. Sunday was about 3200 meters. Monday was a rest day. Tuesday was another 3300 meters with a track workout that didn't happen because of the rain. Wednesday was about 3000 yards with 75 minute easy spin later in the day. Oh, the weather was pretty damn nice today. About 80, mostly cloudy, and not that humid. Windy though since it is Texas. The swim this morning was a horrible swim. Not horrible but I was fatigued from yesterday's workout. It's amazing how having a rest day in between workouts will help you heal and how much you can noticed it when you do back to back days with the same discipline. Oh, on the Tuesday workout we did 6x100m sprint. I lead the first 4 and that was fucking tough. I was tired, but I kept pushing because I wanted to work. Another dude went on the 5th one and he was behind me on the previous 4. Afterwards, he said he burned himself out on that one that he lead. I told him it wasn't so easy in the front and he agreed. We then had Nellie go on the 6th one and once again, she said it was so much harder not drafting off anyone. And that's why I like to go first; it's harder in the front and it'll make me a faster swimmer. Oh, and Maurice is saying that my stroke rebuilding is coming along nicely. There are some things that are quite different than when I first learned how to swim so it's a little difficult to adjust. What else? Oh, I weighed in at 186 on Monday.

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

Woah Eric you are turning into a fish! Do you have your swim breakdowns... drills and such?

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here