Monday, May 21, 2007

5 pounds of shit in a 5 pound sack!

As I'm quite vocal about on my blog, I'm trying to lose weight. Somewhat for asthetic reasons and somewhat for athletic reasons. Also, I've always had love handles. Even in high school when I was 150 pounds, I had love handles. I guess I'll never have a nice toned six pack, but there are worse things in life. Since I'm a little sensitive about it, I was worried about wearing my new form fitting would accentuate my love handles and make it look like I have a muffin top, or that I'm trying to fit 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound sack. I first wore this new tri top at The Rookie tri last weekend and as these race pictures show, I don't have much flab hanging out. Luckily, I can now eat my dinner tonight without sticking my finger down my throat afterwards.

I totally changed around my workout schedule this weekend. Friday was suppose to be a rest day, Saturday a brick workout, and an easy spin on Sunday. Friday was my easy spin since I rode my bike to work and back. Saturday was a rest day because I woke up and started doing chores around the house. Usually, when I get into this mood, I don't want to stop so I keep going. Sunday was my brick workout and I did the entire thing plus some yard work as well. My brick workout was 30min warmup on the bike and 10min warmup easy run. Then, it was 2 intervals. Each interval was 5min run fast, 20min bike fast, 10min run fast with 5 min easy something in between. Those bricks hurt. Then, it was a 20min spin easy on the bike for a cool down. I tried my best to keep pushing but traffic and stoplights got in the way on the bike and the run wasn't as fast as I wanted to go because I suck at running. It was a good workout still and I felt somewhat fast on the run. It felt like I was actually moving my legs decently quickly and I was getting bigger strides instead of the foot shuffle that I do when I'm tired. With CapTex next weekend, I'm feeling pretty good about the race.

My weight this morning was 187. I had beer on Saturday night and went to a BBQ last night so no surprise there. I was 185 on Saturday and I'll be under 185 by Friday for my last weigh in before CapTex. I also put in Yankz in all my new shoes and broke 2 of the 4 plastic triangle pieces already. This blows.

Nike shoe mileage: 11.5 miles
New Balance shoe mileage: 0 miles
Weekly run mileage: 11.5 miles

3 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

Oh? You're trying to lose weight? I totally missed that! ;)

Jodi said...

I've given up my battle of the bulge. I'll lose it when I stop training and start working 80 hours per week, I'm sure.

Great job sticking with it!

:-)

Jodi

Me said...

SkiRough,

Yeah, I'm kind of trying to keep it on the down low and stuff. ;-)

Jodi,

Don't say that. You can keep up with the battle of the bulge while working 80 hours a week. It'll be tough, but you can do it. Discipline. I know you have that. Don't be one of those people that accepts being fat because they stop working out or work gets in the way or make some other excuse. About 75% of the people at my job are like that.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here