Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Well, I'm trying to swim.

I'm trying to swim. I actually got in the water for the first time in a month on Monday. Man, the first 1000yds were rough. I just couldn't get it together at all. I started getting the hang of it again towards the end of the workout, but I still didn't feel like a fish in the water. It also started raining during the workout and that was a first for me. It was odd swimming in the rain. I only did 2600 yds just getting back into it. My shoulder was already hurting, too.

Today, I did another workout with T3. It got lightninged out, but I felt much, much better in the water. I was doing 25m in about 19s and I did 200m in 3:10. Not fast, but not bad for me.

I was suppose to do a fartlek run yesterday. Work got in the way. Boo. I did a quick neighborhood run this morning. I picked up the pace and did it in 24 minutes and change. That's good because I usually do it in 26-27 minutes or so. And I started pushing it about half way through. One of these days, I'm just going to go all out and see how quickly I can do the 5k neighborhood loop.

Also, I need to take responsibility for something. During the month of April, I just became a tubby bitch. I'm up to 190 when I was down to about 184 just before my last race. I just had no discipline or will power to not resist the candy dish at work or beers on the weekend. I've been doing good this week so we'll see how I weigh in on Friday. I just need to be more accountable. My goal is to get below 175 so I need to realize that when I want some Hershey's Kisses at work.

Shoe mileage: 325.5 miles

2 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

Swimming in the rain is always cool. You're lucky that you get to train in an outdoor pool!

Me said...

I'm lucky to train in an outdoor pool? I beg to differ! I wish I swam in an indoor pool. Then, the water would be cooler because it sucks swimming in water that is 89 degrees. Also, it's oh so "cold" during the winter swimming outside. Give me 4 walls, a roof, and an HVAC system around my pool any day.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here