Sunday, May 6, 2007

Laziness, Horrible Run & Healed Tattoo Pics

As I'm sitting here listening to Nine Inch Nail's new album, I'm wanting to recap the horrible day that I had today. Ok, it wasn't that horrible since I am listening to NIN, but I had a horrible workout day. I got up and did some things around my house this morning. You know, picking up the festering, still wet from sweat workout clothes from Thursday night. Throwing 6 pairs of dirty underwear in the dirty clothes pile in the closet instead of the dirty clothes pile which consists of my entire bedroom floor. Sweeping the kitchen. Surfing the net for 2 hours. Stuff like that. I really didn't want to work out today. I needed to, but I couldn't really get in a good mood for it. However, I finally forced myself out the door at around noon.

And let me tell you that I had a sucky run today. Maybe it was because I was running a new route today or something. Maybe I didn't have enough nutrition or hydration. Maybe it was too hot and humid today. Maybe I just wasn't there mentally. I stopped and walked about 8 times during a 60 minute run. I wouldn't stop for long, but I would walk for about 10 yards and then start running again. I just couldn't motivated myself to not stop. It was really, really humid today and that was bothering me a bit because I'm just not quite used to it yet. Ultimately, I still think that I could've had a much better run if I was just 5 pounds lighter, but I'm working on that. Long story short is that I had a crappy run and I can't do anything about it now. I was suppose to do an easy spin for 90 minutes today but that didn't happen. After my run, I went and got some gingerbread pancakes, saw my tattoo guy, and did some minor grocery shopping. When I got home, I crashed because I was just extremely exhausted. It'll be interesting seeing if I can go to sleep tonight. This was just one of those times that I felt like I needed rest so I did.

I showed my tattoo guy my healed ink job. It looks great. He took some pictures of it and I also took some pictures of it. And here they are.



Here is one where you can see the shading between the gray and the black a little better than the above one since the flash washed a bit of it out.


I'm very happy with it.

Shoe mileage: 339.5 miles
Weekly run mileage: 17 miles (One of these weeks, I'll actually run more than 20 miles instead of having 20 scheduled and me only doing 17-18)

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here