Saturday, May 5, 2007

Impulse Buy

I will not go to REI to just "browse".
I will not go to REI to just "browse".
I will not go to REI to just "browse".

I went to REI today just to browse. I walked out with a North Face Cat's Meow +20 degree sleeping bag and an REI Half Dome 2 tent. My plan is when I go to spectate at CdA this year, I'm probably going to camp out instead of getting a hotel room. I found a campsite about 2 miles from the host hotel. While I'm out in Idaho, I plan on doing some camping on my own either before or after CdA. I'm also going to go out and visit a friend that lives in Montana. It should be fun.

Yesterday, I weighed in at 188. I dropped 2 pounds this week. Nice.

Today, I had a weird workout from my coach. Did 20 minute warmup on the bike and then 10 minute run. After that, I did 3 intervals of 10min strong on the bike and then 5 minute strong on the run without any rest. Then, 20 minute cooldown on the bike. It was fun.

Today, I ordered some new New Balance MR1061 shoes today. I got the silver and blue ones. I've had at least 4 pairs of orange shoes in a row now. I'm also thinking about getting a second pair of shoes in a different brand. I've heard that doing this will keep your feet changing and it will help strengthen them. I'm thinking about getting the Asics Gel Nimbus 9 or the Nike Air Pegasus. The Asics look cooler especially in the black color, but the Nike's are about $40 cheaper. I'll get another pair in about a month or so.

Shoe mileage: 332.5 miles

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Camping sounds like a good option. My room is super expensive. The room is supposed to sell for about 90 bucks per night, but I'm paying 200. That's a big bill at the end of the week!

Jodi

Dances with Corgis said...

That is a weird workout. It must have been nice to mix it up a little, though.

REI is dangerous. Do you ever go on steepandcheap.com? A lot of people on my skiing website are addicted to it- they have a new item every night at midnight. Sort of camping/backcountry stuff.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here