Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Midweek Tapering Workouts

Since I'm doing CapTex on Monday, this week is a taper week. I was suppose to do a shorter swim workout yesterday, but I did a full 3300m workout with T3 in the morning. It was OK. I was making sure my new goggles were OK. Also, I hate swimming with paddles and fins. The fins were a problem because everyone else in my lane had these huge fins and I have these short Zoomers so they are way faster than me.

Last night's run was a 15 minute warmup. Then, it was 4x800ish meter repeats. They were around 800 meters because I was did the first one in about 3:08 and I know I can't do half a mile that fast. Second one was 3:13, third was 3:10, and 4th was 3:11 so I maintained my intervals pretty well. Each interval had about 200m active recovery. Then, about a mile cooldown. The intervals hurt, but they were good. I felt like I was getting slower but I was obviously maintaining my intervals. Also, each interval was about 165bpm average and I had one with a max HR of 177bpm. Not bad.

Today was an easy spin of 75min with 4x4min at race pace. Nothing special there.

Also, my weight was down to 185.5 today from 187 on Monday. I knew I was retaining water or whatever.

New Balance mileage: 0 miles
Nike mileage: 17.5 miles

2 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

Whoo, new shoes, new shoes. Put some milage on those babies!!

Me said...

Yes, new shoes! Hopefully, I'll be putting 30+ miles per week on them very soon.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here