Friday, May 18, 2007

Ride Your Bike To Work Day

Today was national Ride Your Bike To Work Day. So, I rode my bike to work. I got in about 31 miles. A lot of places around town had food for cyclists so I ended up eating breakfast 4 times today. Nice! I also had 4 near death experiences and 1 really, really near death experience. I got buzzed by a utility truck by less than a foot. It seemed like that fucker was trying to hit me. Pissed me off. On the way home, I rode with a coworker who regular rides his bike to work so I now have a route going to work and home that is off of most of the busy roads. It's about 15 miles or so.

Thursday evening was a 3250 meter, not yard, swim. I started off pretty crappy but once I was warmed up pretty well, I was feeling awesome and my workout showed. At the end of the workout, we had to do 10x50m repeats on a 0:60 interval. I was holding 0:40-0:45 for each of these 10 intervals. Everyone else in my lane was slowing down but I held them even after being fatigued from the rest of the workout. I also need to get new goggles because mine are pretty cloudy now.

I got my New Balance 1061 shoes in today. I got the silver/blue color, too. I'll start wearing them to break them in over the next few days. They feel pretty good for the 5 minutes that I've worn them.

My weight this morning was 185.5 so down is always good and I've lost 1.5 pounds in a week.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I've lost the enthusiasm for bike commuting after getting hit last year. Morning traffic is scary. But isn't great to get home and already have bike miles under your belt?

:-)

Jodi

Me said...

I completely understand your stance on bike commuting. I'm becoming a wuss and I'm worried about getting hit by cars and stuff now. It does take away some of the enjoyment of cycling.

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here