Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Attack The Hills Ride

Before I talk about my workout, I want to complain about cycling. With swimming, all you need is a suit, goggles, and a towel. With running, you need shoes, socks, and shorts. With cycling, you need a bike, pedals, shoes, helmet, glasses, blowout bag, water bottle, gloves, cell phone, keys, air pump, jersey, and shorts. Before my ride today, I forget the shoes, air pump, and water bottle. Damnit.

I rode after work today. It was perfect cycling weather, too. It was sunny and about 70 degrees without much wind. You don't get cold but you can sweat a bit if you work hard. I was going to ride right after work, but see the first paragraph for why that didn't happen today. I came home and quickly got everything ready and left. My goal for this workout was to "attack the hills" and knowing how I ride, it turned into "attack everything". I only wanted to ride for an hour so I went out Southwest Pkwy. It has some OK hills I tried to attack every single one. I got my heart rate up to over 170bpm a couple of times. When I would crest the hill, I would relax a bit and then I would feel like I was going too slow so I kicked it up a notch. This went on for the entire ride. I only got buzzed once too and I was surprised at that since it was the middle of rush hour traffic. Overall, it was a great ride and has put me into a fabulous mood for the rest of the night.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here