Thursday, March 13, 2008

Breakthrough

As I've mentioned before, I'm not running. It's because I have some heel pain that I've been battling for 2 years now. It finally got pretty bad and that is when I went to see Dr. Laurie. I've been seeing her since December or so and I've made a bit of progress, but not what I was expecting. But I made a breakthrough last Monday. Laurie noticed that when I tried to dorsiflex my foot, it would try to dorsiflex but would also tend to evert pretty badly as well. Long story short is that the neuromuscular connections had gotten off somehow and/or the muscles in the posterior compartment of my lower leg had become really weak. With them weak, the muscles of the anterior compartment were pulling on them all the time which caused the inflammation where the posterior muscles inserted into my heel. I started doing some exercises to strengthen the posterior muscles and I've been doing them pretty regularly as well. Then, I also put my orthodics back in my shoes. Today, she was working on my foot. She was doing stuff that had me jumping off the table and sweating after 30 seconds not even 2 weeks ago. Today, it didn't hurt at all. Fucking hallelujah! I may actually be running again soon. I'm so happy that we've finally figure out what the hell is wrong with my foot and I'm amazed at how quickly it healed when the problem was discovered. I'm happy if you can't tell.

Today's workout was a tough training workout with Texas Iron. It was a good one and I needed it. Time for bed soon because I'm exhausted and I've got only 6 hours of sleep each of the last 2 nights.

2 comments:

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

You are so right mister...It says swim and run. It should have said swim and trainer workout, Texas Iron!! Good seeing you last night, thanks for the help with the trainer..much appreciated!!! I had to jet quickly, it's moving weekend for me!!

Must have beers soon...for real.

Me said...

Yes, I'm up for beers. How about next weekend or after the workout on Thursday?

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here