Monday, March 24, 2008

I want to run!

I want to run so badly right now! However, this damn foot is still holding me back. I may try to start running again next weekend because I think I found the magic bullet to this issue. I have a Dorsi Wedge that I've used in the past. It's kind of cumbersome sleeping in it though. I've been sleeping with it on every night for the last 4 nights and my foot feels great today. Absolutely fantastic. I'm going to get in the habit of sleeping with it every night to get this cleared up really quickly. Between this, the exercise, and my orthodics, I think I have this thing nailed. The only thing that Laurie tells me is that she doesn't want me running until my heel pain is gone. I want to run, damnit, so I'm going to do everything that I can to get rid of this now. The only other symptoms that I have is that my heel is sore when I'm on my feet all day long.

This past weekend wasn't much. I did a 1:45 hour ride on Saturday and then a good swim practice on Sunday. I went to go do yoga on Sunday, but it was closed for some sort of religious holiday or something like that. My weigh in this morning was 191. Damnit! On a good note, I did have a good swim on Sunday morning. After feeling like crap on Thursday morning, I've been building myself up mentally since then for a good swim on Sunday and it was successful. The interesting thing to note was at the end of the workout, we had to do 6x100m fast on an interval. My times for the first 4 were 1:34, 1:35, 1:37, 1:35. Mo told me to stack my hips more when I was swimming since I was getting tired. I followed his advice and the next two 100m intervals were 1:31 and 1:32. Not bad at all.

No comments:

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here