Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm not a wuss like Colleen

Yesterday was a nasty day in Austin. It was cold and rainy for most of the day. I decided about midway through the day that I just really didn't want to swim that night. My typical schedule is class on Monday and Wednesday nights with swimming on Tuesday and Thursday nights. This leaves me no weekday nights to do stuff. Skipping the swim workout would be nice since it would allow me to have a weeknight off. I left work latish and was driving home and was determined to sit on the coach and/or do stuff around the house. It was going to be fantastic. However, at one point in the road, I go left to go home and I go right to go swim. I was going left until about 30 seconds before the split in the road. I decided to go right. Damn! I ended up getting to the pool about 5-10 minutes late but I jumped in my lane. It was freaking cold, too, and the wind was blowing pretty fiercely as well. I swam about 3000m last night. Also, I noticed that I'm getting faster, too! I can now swim 100m in 1:35 pretty easily where I was struggling to get it under 1:40 about 2 months ago. I feel better, too. I got out of the pool and quickly got dressed. Yes, I was out there in the cold unlike Colleen, but it still wasn't comfortable.

This morning's weigh in was 192.5. That is up 0.5 from last Friday, but down 2 from Monday's weigh in. I have sub-190 in sight, now! Within 2 weeks, I'll be under 190. Damnit, it is going to happen.

1 comment:

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!!! How about calling out Brian?? How about that my friend!! Hey, I battled some tough 20 mph winds during some biking this weekend and survived the chip seal. So THERE!! I will get you back, I will!!

 

Google Analytics Code Starts Here

Google Analytics Code Ends Here